Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Let it be?

     Let it be is like my favorite saying.  It encompasses how I feel on just about every subject.  However, there comes a time when you can't just let it be.  If I let it be on everything, I would end up getting walked all over.  I have not had the best day today.  Wait, it was a good day, but not everything that happened was favorable.  I don't want to go into all of the details, because they really aren't anyone's business.  Although, I will dance around them gracefully (only time I can do anything graceful is with words.)
     I am a pretty non confrontational person.  It is part of my being.  I like peaceful situations, and I like to keep the peace.  This trait is good and bad all in one.  It is bad when you let people walk all over you just to keep the "peace."  I use that word in quotations, because there really isn't peace if you are being walked all over.  I think I am done with all of that to some point.  I can sit back and let people say their piece and keep my tongue pretty well.  However, when you push me so far, I might push back.  I think I am at that point today.
     How can someone expect you to be able to help and fix things for them?  I mean, the last time I checked, I was just 24 years old and trying to figure out how to take care of my husband and myself.  We are in our 2nd year of marriage, he is deployed, I am currently bringing in no income, and we have debt.  I think we need to figure out our own junk right now.  I'm sorry if this means we can't fix the world at the moment.  I am also sorry that you think I'm being mean or inconsiderate for wanting to take care of my husband and myself.  I think it is a little inconsiderate for you to expect me to be ok with breaking off such a huge chunk of responsibility for you.  Then after I try to see from your perspective and almost am ready to agree to help, you go off on me and say you are getting mad when I have questions.  Well, gosh, forgive me for wanting all the details of the situation you are wanting me to drag myself into.
     People just really surprise me sometimes.  I'm speaking my mind now, and I know not everyone will like it.  I just don't see how everyone else seems to be able to say exactly what and how they feel when they want with no regard to others' feelings.  I don't want to hurt anyone, but I sure as heck don't want to be walked all over.  I'm grown now.  I can't feel like this anymore.  My words need to start coming out.  They don't have to be mean or hurtful, but they need to make the point clear.
     My point today: I don't appreciate the situation I'm in or the way you are treating me for having concerns.
     

No comments:

Post a Comment